Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have
learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
As mentioned previously, I have learnt more about editing and the
use of the camera, specifically giving directions on where the camera should be
positioned. I also now have a better idea on sound and when it should and
shouldn't be used. Overall I feel my technology skills have improved and I now
know how to apply my skills in order for the final product to be successful.
I feel I am now more confident in giving instructions, both on
where the camera should be positioned and on what the actors should be doing
within the shots.
On the contrary I feel I am better now at taking instructions. The
person operating the camera had to tell me whether I was in frame or not, and I
had to adjust my position accordingly. This is something I faced both in the
preliminary task and in the main task, however I feel that during the main task
I was able to adapt faster to the changes that were required. This links with
the acting that I did. I wouldn't say my acting got better during the
progression of the product, however I do feel I was able to deliver my lines
with more ease during the real thing, due to the previous practice I had had.
Finally I have learnt more about using genre specific conventions,
and how they can be used successfully within film. While doing my preliminary
task I did not know as much about genre specific conventions and how they can
be used. After doing some more research I learnt more about the importance of
various camera angles for the genre that you are doing, the importance of music
and the importance of lighting. I feel I was able to convey using genre
specific skills with more confidence during my main task.
(Preliminary Task)
(Main Task)
(Preliminary Task)
(Main Task)


No comments:
Post a Comment