Updated script for “Unresolved.”
(This script reflects the changes I made during the editing process, which I felt were necessary in order to improve what I had. It also takes into consideration the changes from the original script that were different due to filming conditions.)
Piece of paper with details on an individual named as "Edward Stevens," (attached with a photograph.) The writing clearly says, "Edward Stevens, jailed for murdering a 45 year old man and his 10 year old son with a butcher's knife in Blackpool. He is to spend 40 years behind bars. Further details are given about how Edward had no ties to his victims, and the murders were random acts of cruelty. Edward has been proven legally sane by the court of law.
Black screen with text "40 years later."
Piece of paper, explaining how Edward Stevens is now free and is living with a new identity. However he still insists on referring to himself as "Edward," to any friends he may meet. Unconfirmed sources state that he is residing to the west midlands metropolitan area.
INT. Detective’s questioning room. Day time.
Rob Fisher enters the questioning room. His face is not shown, and only the back of him is revealed. He gingerly takes a seat opposite the detective, who wears a badge identifying him as Thomas James Smith.
Detective
Good morning, you must be Rob Fisher. Please have a seat.
Rob sits down cautiously.
Detective
(Clearing his throat) Rob, do you know why I have arranged this meeting this morning?
Rob Fisher
(In a quiet tone), I could have a pretty good guess.
Detective
You probably could. Now you’re no doubt aware of the tragic murders that took place this time last week, on the other side of Wolverhampton. In case you’re not, two individuals, a mother and her child, were both found dead in their apartment one week ago. They had both received multiple stab wounds, and likely cause of death was concluded to have been severe blood loss. At this present time there are no clear motives, and we have no understanding as to why someone would want to kill Rachel. We are starting to believe that this could have been a random act of savagery. It should be worth mentioning that the case bears many resemblances to the slaughter of the father and son in Blackpool 40 years ago. May I proceed to ask a few questions?
Rob Fisher
(In same quiet tone and letting out a sigh), Yep.
Detective
I understand you were a work colleague of Rachel, the woman who was murdered. Was there any sort of relationship between the two of you?
Rob Fisher
(Sighing again), Nope.
Detective
And did you notice any change in behaviour from Rachel immediately prior to the murder?
Rob Fisher
(After a five second pause and another sigh), Nope.
Detective
(Looking slightly anxious) (After a two second pause.) Well… I believe I have one more question. Do you happen to know an individual named Edward Stevens?
(Looking slightly anxious) (After a two second pause.) Well… I believe I have one more question. Do you happen to know an individual named Edward Stevens?
Rob Fisher
(Now sounding irritated and anxious), Excuse me?
Detective
(Slightly louder) (Hesitates before speaking), Do you happen to know an individual named Edward Stevens?
Rob Fisher
(Sounding very angry), You… you… you arsehole.
Detective
(Sounding bewildered), Sir, I don’t understand. Do you want me to repeat the question? Is… is there something wrong?
Suddenly Rob jumps up out of his seat, grabbing the detective’s neck from across the table and slamming him down onto the desk, knocking him unconscious.
Scene suddenly changes to a dark, indoor environment. The detective is handcuffed to a cupboard, and is sitting against a car roof box. Rob Fisher is depicted as walking slowly towards him, holding a photograph.
Detective
What the hell are you doing? What… what’s going on? Untie me. Untie me now! Untie me! Who… what are you doing? Please give me something for my head, I’m in agony here!
(Rob show’s detective the photograph. Detective reacts with horror. What the photograph shows is not revealed.)
Rob Fisher
I’m gonna have to kill you. It’s the only way forward. (Put’s his hand on Detective’s shoulder, almost in a reassuring manner.)
(Rob Fisher draws a gun out of his pocket with his other hand, and coldly shoots the detective in the head. There is then a ten second pause, before the scene cuts to black.)
No comments:
Post a Comment