Monday, 18 January 2016



Iconography mood board 


Genre: Thriller. 



This iconography mood board shows films, which in my opinion, represent the horror and thriller genres. A few of the movies that are in the mood board are ones that I have looked at previously in my blog, like "Zodiac" and "American Psycho."
There are some classic horrors on the board as well, for example "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre." I feel the movies and their respective openings are fairly similar to the opening of "Unresolved." This is because the openings all try and create suspense to add to their genre, and all contain a certain unsettling atmosphere that can be found in the opening to "Unresolved." The films all belong to the genre that I am basing my movie opening on, and use similar conventions in order to achieve their aim of scaring the audience. These conventions include eerie music, dark environments and strong protagonist and antagonist roles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment