Rough script for
“Unresolved.”
INT. Detective’s
questioning room. Day time.
Rob Fisher enters the
questioning room. His face is not shown, and only the back of him is revealed.
He gingerly takes a seat opposite the detective, who wears a badge identifying
him as Thomas James Smith.
Detective
Good morning, you must be Rob Fisher. Please have a seat.
Rob sits down
cautiously.
Detective
(Clearing his throat) Rob,
do you know why I have arranged this meeting this morning?
Rob Fisher
(In a quiet tone), I
could have a pretty good guess.
Detective
You probably could. Now you’re no doubt aware of the tragic
murders that took place this time last week, on the other side of town. Just in
case you’re not, two individuals, a mother and her child, were both found dead
in their apartment one week ago. They had both received multiple stab wounds,
and likely cause of death was concluded to have been severe blood loss. At
present there are no clear suspects or any possible motives. We are starting to
believe that this could have been a random act of savagery. May I proceed to
ask a few questions?
Rob Fisher
(In same quiet tone
and letting out a sigh), Yep.
Detective
I understand you were a work colleague of Rachel, the woman
who was murdered. Was there any sort of friendship between the two of you?
Rob Fisher
(Sighing again), Nope.
Detective
And did you notice any change in behaviour from Rachel
immediately prior to the murder?
Rob Fisher
(After a five second
pause and another sigh), Nope.
Detective
(Looking slightly
uneasy), Ok. And did Rachel ever mention her daughter, who was also murdered,
prior to the incident?
Rob Fisher
If she did, I would not have been there to hear it come out
her mouth. I don’t mix with other people when I can. They irritate me. Rachel
irritated me. Sometimes I just wanted to... just wanted… just wanted to pick
her up and throw her off a bridge onto concrete. Watch her head crack open like
a melon.
Detective
(Now looking extremely
uneasy). (After a five second pause.) Well… I believe I have one more
question. Do you happen to know an individual named Edward Stevens?
Rob Fisher
(Now sounding
irritated and anxious), Excuse me?
Detective
(Slightly louder)
(Hesitates before speaking), Do you happen to know an individual named
Edward Stevens?
Rob Fisher
(Sounding very angry),
You… you… you arsehole.
Detective
(Sounding bewildered),
Sir, I don’t understand. Do you want me to repeat the question? Is… is
there something wrong?
Suddenly Rob jumps up
out of his seat, grabbing the detective’s neck from across the table and
slamming him down onto the desk, knocking him unconscious.
Scene suddenly changes
to an outdoor environment, in a wood. The detective is tied up against Rob
Fisher’s car. Rob Fisher is depicted as walking slowly towards him, holding a
photograph.
Detective
What the hell are you doing? What… what’s going on? Untie
me. Untie me now! Untie me! Who… what are you doing? Please give me something
for my head, I’m in agony here!
(Rob show’s detective the photograph. Detective reacts with horror. What the photograph shows is not
revealed.)
Rob Fisher
I’m gonna have to kill you. It’s the only way. (Put’s his hand on Detective’s shoulder,
almost in a reassuring manner.)
(Rob Fisher draws a
gun out of his pocket with his other hand, and coldly shoots the detective in
the head. There is then a ten second pause, before the scene cuts to black.)
No comments:
Post a Comment